So in case you haven’t heard, the Today Show listed Reading Pa (or Berks County)as an “up and coming” place. Here is the article if you are interested: http://www.readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=71592
A lot of people think Berks County is super lame-o but I would have to disagree. Yes, we don’t have a beach but we are about 2 hours from the beach while most counties aren’t nearly as close to a coast as we are. We also have some pretty cool places, I must say..here are a few:
- Cabellas – there aren’t many of these and people travel from all over to come to ours
- Captain’s Cove – it’s a new bar in Reading that’s the nicest bar I’ve basically ever been to
- IMAX theatre – c’mon, how many non huge cities have one of these?
- 1 hour from the mountains
- 2 hours from the beach
- 1 hour from Philly
- 2 hours from NYC
- 2.5 hours from Baltimore
We have lots of local places – which are my favorite including:
- Haute Chocolate in W. Reading – truly one of a kind
- Gravity Bookstore – what can I say? I think this place is super cool
- Koinos Community Church – the best church ever!
We also have Radio 104.5 – my favorite radio station in the entire world. I couldn’t ask for a better mix of music.
The only thing, in my eyes, we are lacking is Sonic. Where oh where is our Sonic????
*Post update: Sonic is coming soon. It will be located on Perkiomen Ave in the new shopping center, along with the third Target in the county.